SAP Fiori is the design language that enables user experiences in enterprise applications. At the time of SAPPHIRE 2013, the first SAP Fiori apps were released for managers and employees with request and approval functions. Since then, the number of apps has grown massively. With the 2016 release of SAP S/4HANA, SAP Fiori 2.0 was introduced. Today, SAP Fiori 3 represents the current target design, which further develops the SAP Fiori design language for all SAP products to fully support the Intelligent Suite.
In a nutshell, SAP Fiori defines a simple and role-based user experience (UX) that simplifies the way people work with SAP products.
The underlying technology, which is required for the design language, is SAPUI5 as UI technology.
Benefits of SAP Fiori
For businesses, the key benefits of using SAP Fiori are as follows:
- Simple and user-friendly operability
- Increased user satisfaction through modern user interfaces
- Reduced costs for in-house developments to optimize the user interface
- Optimized display on the desktop and most popular mobile devices
- Role-based permissions so that each user only sees the applications relevant to their area of responsibility
You are now familiar with the key principles and benefits of SAP Fiori. Using SAP Fiori reduces up to 80% of costs in the front end development process and ensures that all products and applications have a simple and consistent end-to-end user experience for their respective business users.