After exploring the overall product positioning and use cases, the integration capabilities are the first aspect that will be looked at more closely as it is key in achieving a unified (SAP) entry point as outlined in earlier lessons. This includes both the integration of SAP and 3rd party business applications into SAP Build Work Zone as well as vice versa. On a high level, the integration scenarios covering both SAP & 3rd business applications in cloud and on-premise deployments can be categorized into the following areas:
Aside from having different technical and functional approaches for realizing a given integration scenario, there are also other purposes behind them. On a high level, they cover one or multiple of the following aspects:
- Allow access to a full application or relevant parts of it within the SAP Build Work Zone experience.
- Connect to other SAP (often SAP BTP) services in the area of creating a central entry point.
- Connect SAP Build Work Zone with other solutions available in the IT landscape, for instance, in the area of existing document repositories.
- Expose SAP Build Work Zone data via secure interfaces to an external system, for instance, to support gamification or advanced analytics scenarios – via ‘push’ & ‘pull’ mechanisms.
- Integrate with LoB-specific processes where SAP Build Work Zone capabilities help enrich the overall user experience.