There are seven available standard fields to include in the Career Worksheet, listed in the table below. All field configurations are done through Provisioning in XML, giving you full configuration control. Career Worksheet template configuration is not available in Admin Center.
V12 Features - Overview
All fields will have a label, a field ID, and a field type. Labels can be localized to any language you have enabled in the system. Configurable items for the standard fields are as follows:
- Field Label Modifications
- Inclusion or Exclusion of Fields (For example, you can remove the gap_graph field if you don't want to include the gap analysis graph)
- Rating-scale-id in the last_rating field definition (This is the normalized scale used for displaying rating comparisons)
- Permissions for functions and fields
- Maximum number of roles that a user can add, with the max-per-category attribute (recommended max: 20)
- Instructions for top of page, with the text-replacement tag
The Career Worksheet template has the same Attributes and Elements as the Development Plan template because they share the same objective-template_4_0.dtd file. Therefore, element and attribute configuration are syntactically the same. Details such as field IDs can be different.
Adding new fields through Provisioning using XML follows a three-step process:
- Define the field.
- Permission the field.
- Add the field to the layout.
The XML for a standard field follows a repeatable pattern. Here’s an example of the competency_name field that we can break down to see the various attributes.
Certain attributes are required for any field definition. For example, the
id attribute and the
type attribute must be defined or the file will fail to validate against the DTD. Some attributes are not required, such as
There is also one required child element:
field-label. All other child elements are optional.