Internal Job History Block
As you learned in the previous lessons, access to Job Information history, where you can insert a new record, edit, and delete records without launching a workflow, is typically given to HR and admin personnel. However, you may need to display selected information to a larger audience.
The internal job history block can be configured in the People Profile to view a filtered version of an employee's job history at the company. This is a display-only block, showing selected events and fields.
In the figure, Internal Job History Block, you can see a sample configuration made for ACE, where the managers have visibility to the historical promotions of Marcus Hoff sans any other historical job-related events. This was created using the Promotion event reason as the filtering rule to display just the promotion-related events. People Profile is configured to only display the Job Title, Pay Grade, Business Unit, Employee Class, and Division fields.
High-level Configuration Steps
- Create a rule using Internal Job History scenario.
- In the IF statement, select the event reason(s) you want to use as a filter.
- You cannot configure a THEN statement.
- Configure People Profile to display the Internal Job History.
- Go to Configure People Profile.
- Search for the Internal Job History Block and drag it to a section.
- Configure the block with the fields you want to display in the block.
- Configure the block with the Rule that you have created.
- Save your changes.