Proxies are very useful in verifying configuration and permissions in Employee Central. You can use proxy access to quickly test how the system behaves for different users and roles without manually logging in and out of different user accounts. There are typically two roles in a proxy:
- The account holder owns the account and has the right to view and edit information.
- The Proxy can act on behalf of the account holder. The user with proxy rights can use Proxy Now to open, view, edit, or send any item in the solutions for which the user has permission.
An additional setting is available for Employee Central and Employee Profile data. When Private Data For Proxy Account Holder is deselected, the proxy does not have access to potentially sensitive information, such as home address or compensation.
Proxy assignments can be restricted to a specified period. You can add a start date, an end date, or both. The assigned proxy can only access the target user account during the specified time range. A time range can be set for new or existing proxy assignments using either Proxy Management or Proxy Import.
The Help & Resources section in Admin Center provides you with further information about proxies and proxy management.
To create proxy assignments, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Proxy Management.
- Use the Grant Proxy section search boxes to find and select the proxy and the account holder.
- Use checkboxes in the Grant Proxy Rights section to select specific system areas the proxy can access.
- Optional: Set a time range for the proxy assignment. Select start date and time, end date and time, or both.
- Choose Save.