Configure the goal plan template with:
- Manage Templates within an instance
- XML template using an XML editor of your choice.
To start the configuration process, add a goal plan template from the SuccessStore or use the existing backup template provided in the Instance.
Goal Plan templates can be partially modified through Manage Templates or within the XML. Any changes in the XML template will require importing the template in Provisioning, using the option Import/Update/Export Goal Plan Template.
Each goal plan has a unique ID that uniquely identifies the plan within the application. The Goal Plan ID can be found in Provisioning or via Reporting.
Watch this video to learn how to set up the Goal Plan Template in the Instance.
Watch this video to learn how to set up the Goal Plan Template in Provisioning.
Update the Goal Plan Template
The Manage Templates area allows common goal plan template changes, but more advanced configurations must be made in the XML. You can start from Manage Templates and complete the configuration in XML (recommended) or complete all the configuration changes directly in XML.
Navigate to Goal Plan from Manage Templates.
- Log in to SAP SuccessFactors instance.
- Navigate to Manage Templates using Action Search, and select the Goal Plan tab.
- Click on your goal plan to open it and make changes.
Navigate to Goal Plan from Provisioning.
- Log in to Provisioning and click on your Company Name.
- Navigate to Managing Plan Template section and select the Import/Update/Export Goal Plan Template option.
- Locate your goal plan from the Goal Plan Templates list, and select the Export option to download the XML file in your local folder.
- Open the XML file with an XML editor of your choice and make changes.
Version Control: It is a best practice to save the original template, download from Provisioning as an original, and then save each iteration of the goal plan template with a date or version number appended, for example:
- Original file: Goal_Plan.xml
- After initial configurations: Goal_Plan_v1.xml
- After subsequent configurations: Goal_Plan_v2.xml
By practicing good version control, you eliminate a large volume of duplicated work should an error occur in a template version
Update the Goal Plan XML
Select the icons to learn more about the process of updating the Goal Plan in XML.
If you started making changes in Manage Templates, you can download afterwards the XML file from Provisioning → Managing Plan Template → Import/Update/Export Goal Plan Template and select the Export option, and continue working in the XML editor.
You may also need to download the goal plan template in some of these scenarios:
- If you want to create a new Goal Plan template based on an existing one (you must change the Goal Plan ID).
- If you want to store a backup copy of your Goal Plan template.