Add, Delete, or Move Approvers
Play the video below to learn how to add, delete, or move approvers.
Once your user has been triggered by an approval flow, you can access the approvable using the following methods:
- Opening the email notification
- For HTML format emails, you can act on the approvable by pressing the approve or deny buttons.
- For plain text format emails, you can act by replying with the word "approve" or "deny".
- Accessing the approval summary from the To Do list
- Using the SAP Ariba Mobile application
To Do List
Once your user has been triggered by an approval flow, the approvables will appear in your To Do list.
- When identified as a watcher, the Required Action will be Watch
- When identified as an approver, the Required Action will be Approve
Can't find the approvable in your To Do? Select View All to access the To Do search.
Selecting Approve will open the Approval Summary, allowing you to review the details. From here you can take the following actions:
- Add additional approvers and/or watchers to the approval flow.
- Edit (Only present if your group membership and edit rules allow)
The list of users for a Group approval node may not include all group members. If using purchasing units, it will consist of users who are both group members and responsible for the purchasing unit of the approvable document.
You have two purchasing units, one in the US and one in Canada, and you have an approval flow like the one above
You have many users assigned to the Purchasing Agent group, some in the US and some in Canada
If the requisition is created by a user in the Canada purchasing unit, then the list of users displayed for the Purchasing Agent group on that particular PR approval flow will show only the members who are responsible for the Canada purchasing unit – a subset of the full group. Members of the Purchasing Agent group who are responsible for the US purchasing unit will not be notified to approve this PR and will not be able to approve it