"Ajay manages catalog content and collaborates with suppliers to develop catalogs for their products and services."
"Marco addresses Ajay’s questions and walks him through the catalog development process."
A catalog is an organized, descriptive list of goods and services available to you as a buyer.
Catalogs are text files stored on a company’s website, that describe the products and services an organization offers and the prices they charge (among other details).
Good catalogs are the key to reduce order errors by enabling quick, repeat purchases using catalog items with approved content.
"Customers can create catalog subscriptions themselves by uploading static catalogs from suppliers directly into their SAP Ariba Buying solution. Or, they can subscribe to a catalog subscription uploaded by a supplier on the SAP Business Network (formerly known as Ariba Network) and receive regular updates on the catalog items."
Catalogs have multiple features and benefits that allow you to browse them with ease.
- Flexible and multifaceted Browse and Search using free form text or parameters
- Find, visualize, and compare
- Shopping cart experience
- Integrated and electronic
- Comply with business processes and policies
- Integrate sourcing and contracts with Ariba buying
- Security and versioning
- Fewer errors with requisitions and invoices
- Stable configuration
- Frequent purchases
- Catalog is a solution by itself