If your carrier provides real-time visibility data via a visibility provider, you can receive and view the data in the Track Freight Movement app and in your SAP TM system or TM on SAP S/4HANA system. To enable this, you must complete the configurations described in this section.
Your carrier can also keep you informed by manually reporting the execution of a freight order using the Freight Orders for Reporting app. For more information about receiving data from the Freight Orders for Reporting app in your SAP TM system or TM on SAP S/4HANA, refer to the Freight Orders for Reporting section in this guide.
To track visibility data from your carrier, you must support sending and receiving messages out of your SAP TM or SAP S/4HANA system. You use the following business-to-business (B2B) message interfaces:
|TransportationOrderGenericTrackedProcessRequest_Out||To send requests for process tracking to SAP Business Network for Logistics|
|TransportationEventBulkNotification_In||To receive event notifications for freight documents from SAP Business Network for Logistics|
For more information about the required message enhancements, see SAP Note 2742948.
Defining Event Codes
Define the following event codes (event types). Planned events with these event codes will be tracked by the Track Freight Movement app.
In the following table, you can find the list of event codes in SAP Business Network for Logistics in the track freight movement area and the corresponding event codes in the SAP TM system:
The event codes listed below are supported by the tracking service. This list does not contain the event codes supported by the standard API. The standard API supports air freight specific events that are not supported by the tracking service.
As of now, tracking service does not forward the GEOLOC events to SAP TM.
|Event Codes in Track Freight Movement||Description||Corresponding SAP TM Event Code|
|POPU||Proof of pick-up||POPU|
|POD||Proof of delivery||POD|
|GEOLOC||Geo location update||GEOLOC|
|GATEIN_START||Gate check-in start||CHECK_IN_START|
|GATEIN_END||Gate check-in end||CHECK_IN|
|GATEOUT_START||Gate checkout start||CHECK_OUT_START|
|GATEOUT_END||Gate checkout end||CHECK_OUT|
|OUT_FOR_DELIVERY||Out for delivery||OUT_FOR_DELIVERY|
|RCVD_FROM_SHIPPER||Cargo received from shipper||RCVD_FROM_SHIPPER|
|CUSTOMS_HOLD_START||Customs hold start||CUSTOMS_HOLD_START|
|CUSTOMS_HOLD_END||Customs hold end||CUSTOMS_HOLD_END|
To define the event codes, go to Customizing for Transportation Management under Integration → Define Transportation Activities for Tracking and Tracing → Event for Business Documents. Create the events and assign them to the correct Transportation Activity in the same customizing.
Defining Tracking Relevant Freight Document Types
To enable freight documents to be tracked by the Track Freight Movement app, you must specify the following setting:
- Go to Customizing for Transportation Management under Freight Order Management → Freight Order → Define Freight Order Type and set Execution Tracking Relevance to either Execution Tracking or Execution Tracking with External Event Management.
Maintaining Required Settings in Freight Documents
To enable and trigger freight tracking, you must maintain the following in freight documents:
- Maintain carrier information
- Maintain purchasing group for the specified shipper
- Maintain license plate number of the vehicle
- Maintain the transportation mode
- Maintain the shipping type
- Set TOR Lifecycle Status to In Process
- Set TOR Execution Status to Ready for Transportation Execution or In Execution
You can customize the soap message used for freight document tracking. To do that, go to Customizing for Transportation Management under Business Add-Ins (BAdIs) for Transportation Management＞Integration＞Enterprise Services＞Freight Order Management＞Freight Order＞BAdI: Trigger TransportationOrderGenericTrackedProcessRequest.
Maintaining New Text Types
You must maintain the following settings for new text types for container items and mobile in your SAP TM or TM on SAP S/4HANA system:
- In the Customizing for Cross-Application Components, choose Processes and Tools for Enterprise Applications＞Reusable Objects and Functions for BOPF Environment＞Dependent Object Text Collection＞Maintain Text Schema.
- Create the following Text Types:
- Specify Text Type as CONT and Description as Container ID
- Specify Text Type as MOBL and Description as Personal mobile number
- Under the Dialog Structure section, under Text Schema, choose Assign Text Schema to BO and Node.
A field selection dialog box appears.
- Select Business Object Name and proceed.
A determine work area entry dialog box appears.
- Enter /SCMTMS/TOR in the Business Object Name and proceed.
The system displays the business objects with the name /SCMTMS/TOR.
- Select the entry with the business object with the node as ROOT and check the text schema assigned to it. For example, the text schema is DEFAULT.
- Under the Dialog Structure section, under Text Schema, choose Text Type to Text Schema Assignment.
A determine work area entry dialog box appears.
- Enter DEFAULT in the Text Schema field and proceed.
- Select the newly created text types to the text schema DEFAULT.
Once you maintain the above settings, the system makes the text types available for data entry in the freight document. Note that you must enter the container data in a comma separated manner if there are multiple containers, for example, CONT123, CONT456, and so on.
Maintaining Location Code
You must maintain UN location code UNLOCODE for the location either in the location master data of your SAP TM or TM on SAP S/4HANA system or in the location service for ocean tracking in SAP Business Network for Logistics.
Maintain Ocean Bill of Lading
You must maintain the ocean bill of lading in the freight booking as this is an essential document identifier for tracking.
Specifying Last Expected Event
The last expected event is used to determine whether a freight document has been executed.
To specify it, go to Customizing for Transportation Management under Freight Order Management＞Freight Order＞Define Freight Order Type and set Last Exp. Event to the event type that you want to use, for example, ARRIV_DEST.
Customizing the Messages to Be Sent to SAP Business Network for Logistics (Optional)
You can customize the messages that are sent to SAP Business Network for Logistics, for example, inserting a new planned event, changing the default tolerance of expected time window, etc. by maintaining SAP BAdI /SCMTMS/TOR_SE_TRCKPR_OUT.
Defining Number Range Intervals
You must define number range intervals as outlined in the Freight Tendering section.
Triggering Messages from TM (Optional)
If you are using TM on SAP S/4HANA 1909 SP0 and could not get freight document messages from TM, you might need to trigger messages out from TM by adjusting PPF adapter for Output Management customizing with delivery customizing.
The configuration is not required for users of S/4HANA 1909 SP1 or onwards.
To trigger messages from TM on SAP S/4HANA, proceed as follows:
- Go to transaction SPRO. Path: Cross-Application Components＞Processes and Tools for Enterprise Applications＞Reusable Objects and Functions for BOPF Environment＞PPF Adapter for Output Management＞Maintain PPF Settings.
- Select application /SCMTMS/TRANSPORTATION and then click Define Action Profile and Actions. For the action profile: /SCMTMS/TOR, the following two actions must be defined. Refer to delivery customizing client entries.
- Select application /SCMTMS/TRANSPORTATION and then click Condition Configuration. For Scheduling Actions: /SCMTMS/FOR, maintain entries for TOR_TRCKPR_CNC and TOR_TRCKPR_REQ
- In the customizing activity Maintain Output Management Adapter Settings, adjust the entries with the delivery client by using the menu option Utilities＞Adjust.