Web Service Runtime (SAP ABAP)
ABAP Web Services
SAP NetWeaver Application Server for ABAP provides a standardized architecture and a set of tools for creating Web services and related objects. Existing BAPIs or remote-enabled function modules can be used for setting up Web services, or you can develop new Web services in the Object Navigator of SAP NetWeaver AS for ABAP. There are predefined settings for securing Web services or the transports being used. ABAP Web services can be used for communication between SAP systems and between SAP and non-SAP systems. When using the Web Service runtime, this is a direct connection from the SAP back-end system to SAP Business Network for Logistics with no middleware involved.
Configuring HTTPS at Transport Level with X.509 Certificate Authentication
For information on how to configure HTTPS at transport level, see the following document on SAP Help Portal: Configuring HTTPS at Transport Level with X.509 Certificate Authentication.
Using a New PSE in SAP Back-End System
Create a new PSE in STRUST that contains the relevant private key and certificates required for communicating with SAP Business Network for Logistics. To do so, perform the following steps:
- Go to the transaction STRUST.
- In the menu bar, under the option Environment, choose SSL Client Identities.
- Create a new entry for SAP Business Network for Logistics.
- Save your settings.
For information on how to establish trust relationships with the trust manager, see the following document on SAP Help Portal: Trust Manager.
You already have a signed key pair (*.p12 file) that you can import, or you create a new PSE.
To import the key pair, perform the following actions:
- Go to the transaction STRUST.
- Choose PSE from the menu options.
- Choose Import.
Once you have imported the key pair, carry out the following steps:
- Go to the menu option PSE.
- Save as SSL Client.
- Select the newly created folder (as defined in above step).
As a result, you have now imported a separate certificate that is later used for authentication in SAP Business Network for Logistics.
For further information, refer also to SAP Knowledge Base Article (KBA) 1850809: Reorder a certificate chain using Netweaver Administrator.
- Download the runtime SSL certificate from the following URL:https://l20398-iflmap.hcisbp.eu1.hana.ondemand.com.
- Select the site information.
- Choose the certificate and save the root and intermediate certificate to *.cer format.
- From the *.p7b file (which you downloaded and saved in previous chapters), extract the root and intermediate *.cer files.
In the example shown in the image to the right, these are the DigiCert Globa Root G2 and DigiCert Global CA G2 certificates. You can do this via the KeyStore Explorer tool (https://keystore-explorer.org/).
- Add SAP Business Network for Logistics SSL certificates to the STRUST PSE.
For each of the certificates, perform the following steps:
- Select your PSE.
- Import the certificate.
- Choose Add to Certificate List.
- Choose Save.
Additional information is available in SAP Note 1473710 at: STRUST: How to Export/Import a PSE from/to STRUST.
Once you have added the certificates, you have to restart the Internet Communication Manager (ICM) services by performing the following steps:
- Go to transaction SMICM.
- Choose Administration.
- Choose ICM.
- Choose Exit Soft.
- Choose Global .