You want to deploy an application to SAP BTP, Kyma runtime, which needs to be configured with some environment variables. You want to store these environment variables in a ConfigMap and inject them into your application.
You can perform this exercise in two ways:
- Platform Simulation – follow the step-by-step instructions within the simulation.
- Live Environment - by using the instructions provided below, you can perform the steps in the SAP BTP Free Tier account.
Choose the Start Exercise button below to open a simulation of the platform. Then follow the step-by-step instructions to configure a deployment to use a ConfigMap.
In this exercise, you will perform the following steps:
- Create a ConfigMap.
- Deploy an application with the ConfigMap and verify the result.
- You have successfully created a SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance in the SAP BTP subaccount.
- You have configured kubectl to work with your SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance.
In this exercise, you have created a ConfigMap and deployed an application that uses the ConfigMap. Furthermore, you have verified that the application is using the ConfigMap correctly.