You, as a developer, have been tasked with creating a
PostgreSQL (or simply Postgres) database on Kubernetes that persists data on a
You can perform this exercise in two ways:
- Platform Simulation – follow the step-by-step instructions within the simulation.
- Live Environment - by using the instructions provided below, you can perform the steps in the SAP BTP Free Tier account.
Choose the Start Exercise button below to open a simulation of the platform. Then follow the step-by-step instructions to deploy a Postgres database using a StatefulSet.
In this exercise, you will perform the following steps:
- Create a PersistentVolume.
- Create PersistentVolumeClaim.
- Deploy a Postgres database using a StatefulSet.
- Verify that the PersistentVolumeClaim is bound.
- You have successfully created a SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance in the SAP BTP subaccount.
- You have configured kubectl to work with your SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance.
You have created a stateful application via a StatefulSet and used Kubernetes storage primitives to persist data.