You want to deploy your developed application to a Kubernetes cluster. You have to define a deployment manifest and apply it to the cluster.
You can perform this exercise in two ways:
- Platform Simulation – follow the step-by-step instructions within the simulation.
- Live Environment - by using the instructions provided below, you can perform the steps in the SAP BTP Free Tier account.
We are strongly recommending first performing the steps in the Live Environment.
Choose the Start Exercise button below to open a simulation of the platform. Then follow the step-by-step instructions to create and manage a deployment.
In this exercise, you will perform the following tasks:
- Create a deployment via the Kyma Dashboard.
- Update and apply the deployment manifest.
- Scale the deployment.
- Roll back the deployment.
- You have successfully created a SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance in the SAP BTP subaccount.
- You have configured kubectl to work with your SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance.