You are a developer and must create an API to receive and process data. You have heard of the approach to use serverless functions to implement such an API. Furthermore, you want to learn how to create a serverless function and how to use it.
You can perform this exercise in two ways:
- Platform Simulation – follow the step-by-step instructions within the simulation.
- Live Environment - by using the instructions provided below, you can perform the steps in the SAP BTP Free Tier account.
We strongly recommend first performing the steps in the Live Environment.
Choose the Start Exercise button below to open a simulation of the platform. Then follow the step-by-step instructions to create and test a serverless function.
In this exercise, you will perform the following steps:
- Create a serverless function via kubectl.
- Create a serverless function via the Kyma Dashboard.
- Expose and test the function via HTTP.
- You have successfully created a SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance in the SAP BTP subaccount.
- You have configured kubectl to work with your SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance.