After deploying your microservice-based application to Kyma, you want to monitor it continuously with Kyma's observability capabilities.
You can perform this exercise in two ways:
- Platform Simulation – follow the step-by-step instructions within the simulation.
- Live Environment - by using the instructions provided below, you can perform the steps in the SAP BTP Free Tier account.
We strongly recommend first performing the steps in the live environment.
Choose the Start Exercise button below to open a simulation of the platform. Then follow the step-by-step instructions to monitor extensions with custom metrics in Kyma.
In this exercise, you will perform the following steps:
- Create a deployment and service for a sample application that exposes a metrics endpoint.
- Configure Prometheus to scrape the metrics endpoint and use Prometheus UI to query the metrics.
- Use Grafana to visualize metrics.
- You have successfully created a SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance in the SAP BTP subaccount.
- You have configured kubectl to work with your SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance.