You have successfully created a SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance and have access to the Kyma Dashboard. You now want to interact with your SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance and learn how to use the Kyma Dashboard and the kubectl CLI to manage your resources. But first, you need to learn how to set up the kubectl CLI to connect to your SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance. Especially because the SAP BTP, Kyma runtime requires a special plugin of kubectl for the authentication process.
You can perform this exercise in two ways:
- Platform Simulation – follow the step-by-step instructions within the simulation.
- Live Environment - by using the instructions provided below, you can perform the steps in the SAP BTP Free Tier account.
We are strongly recommending first performing the steps in the Live Environment.
Choose the Start Exercise button below to open a simulation of the platform. Then follow the step-by-step instructions to setup and configure kubectl for Kyma.
In this exercise, you will perform the following steps:
- Install the kubectl CLI.
- Install an additional plugin for kubectl to connect to Kyma.
- Configure the kubectl CLI to connect to your SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance.
- Use the kubectl CLI to connect to your SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance.
You have successfully created a SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance in the SAP BTP subaccount.