Using different manifests, you manually deployed your application with all corresponding Kubernetes objects to a Kubernetes cluster. Now you want to use Helm to package your deployment manifest and deploy it via Helm to your cluster.
You can perform this exercise in two ways:
- Platform Simulation – follow the step-by-step instructions within the simulation.
- Live Environment - by using the instructions provided below, you can perform the steps in the SAP BTP Free Tier account.
We are strongly recommending first performing the steps in the Live Environment.
Choose the Start Exercise button below to open a simulation of the platform. Then follow the step-by-step instructions to deploy and manage deployments using Helm.
In this exercise, you will create, customize and deploy a Helm chart for a deployment.
- You have successfully created a SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance in the SAP BTP subaccount.
- You have configured kubectl to work with your SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance.
- Furthermore, you have installed the Helm CLI on your local machine.
Once you have the
Helm CLI installed, you can create a Helm chart for your deployment. The Helm CLI provides a command to create a Helm chart for you. This will create a few sample files for you to get started with. However, in this approach, we will create the Helm chart manually from scratch.