You have already deployed your application to a Kubernetes cluster using a deployment. Before exposing it to the outside world, you must define a stable internal endpoint for the deployment. This is done by creating a service.
You can perform this exercise in two ways:
- Platform Simulation – follow the step-by-step instructions within the simulation.
- Live Environment - by using the instructions provided below, you can perform the steps in the SAP BTP Free Tier account.
We strongly recommend first performing the steps in the Live Environment.
Choose the Start Exercise button below to open a simulation of the platform. Then follow the step-by-step instructions to create a service for a deployment.
In this exercise, you will create a service for the deployment in three steps:
- Create a service manifest and apply it to the cluster.
- Verify the created service with kubectl.
- Verify the created service with Kyma Dashboard.
- You have successfully created a SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance in the SAP BTP subaccount.
- You have configured kubectl to work with your SAP BTP, Kyma runtime instance.
- You have successfully created the
hello-kymadeployment in the previous exercise.