The Explorer acts as a diagram repository of a Signavio Workspace. You can also access features for process analysis here.
The Editor and the Explorer are two separate parts of the SAP Signavio Process Manager. The Editor focuses on the creation of diagrams and the Explorer allows for management in a folder structure.
The Explorer is a central component to organize content
Basically, the Explorer serves two different purposes:
- Manage content (folders and diagrams)
- Create and manage your folder structure (including the access rights management for individual folders)
- Save, copy, delete and move diagrams(all kind of diagrams)
- Share and publish diagrams to the Collaboration Hub
- Manage / restore revisions of diagrams
- Import / export diagrams
- Utilize Process Analysis features
- Dictionary (central business object repository)
- Reporting (create standard reports on processes)
- Simulation (simulate different instances of a process)
- Diagram comparison(compare different versions or different diagrams)
How to use the Explorer?
The following video gives you a detailed insight into the Explorer and explains:
- The structure of the Explorer
- The integrated search
- The menu bar and functionalities
- The"Help" section
User Guide - What is the Explorer?
Feel free to check our User Guide. It contains additional information and explains every feature of the menu bar!
A Closer Look at the Menu Bar
Three Questions from Practice
Customers often ask us what is the "right" folder structure to organize process models or how to thread sensitive processes. In this section, we will share some best-practices with you. User access rights are granted at the folder level (but they can also be diagram specific), so a suitable structure is important from the start.
Learning from Practice: Three Questions from Practice
Select each level in the figure for more information.