Why are Reports Useful?
Processes contain a lot of visible and hidden information (in attributes). Generating reports is important for business users to collect and aggregate all the information on a specific topic, which is usually distributed across different processes.
Reports Help to Answer Questions
Reports help to answer questions like:
- In which processes and activities are we using which IT-System?
- Who is responsible for which tasks?
- Where do we have a lot of hand-offs?
- Can we reduce costs? If yes, where?
- How much does a specific tasks costs and how long does it take?
Many Reports but Three Categories
The reporting function in SAP Signavio Process Manager is essential for companies as it offers different reports for a variety of purposes. In general, reports are important for management as a basis for decision making, for stakeholders as a basis for information and for internal/ external auditors as proof of controls.
The following three categories comprise the reports being used frequently in practice:
- Calculation Reports
In SAP Signavio Process Manager process diagrams can be created and information like costs, cost center and task duration defined in the attributes of individual tasks.
- Process cost analysis
- Resource consumption analysis
- Responsibility & Usage Reports
In SAP Signavio Process Manager, all defined responsibilities and also used objects and systems can be aggregated and presented in dedicated reports. Those reports are:
- RACI report
- Responsibility handover report
- IT system usage report
- Document usage report
- Metric & Characteristics Report
With process model and characteristics reports it is possible to generate statistics for your diagrams which contain an overview of elements and attribute values that are found in the selected diagram(s).
- Process model metric
- Process characteristics report