Why are Reports useful?
Processes contain a lot of visible and hidden information (in attributes). Generating reports is important for business users to collect and aggregate all the information on a specific topic, which is usually distributed across different processes.
Reports Help to Answer Questions
Reports help to answer questions like:
- In which processes and activities are we using which IT-System?
- Who is responsible for which tasks?
- Where do we have a lot of handoffs?
- Can we reduce costs? If yes, where?
- How much does a specific tasks cost and how long does it take?
Many Reports but Three Categories
The reporting function in SAP Signavio Process Manager is essential for companies as it offers different reports for a variety of purposes. In general, reports are important for management as a basis for decision making, for stakeholders as a basis for information and for internal/ external auditors as proof of controls.
The following three categories comprise the reports being used frequently in practice:
How to Create Standard Reports?
The following video shows the creation of standard reports.