Dimension member formulas
Dimension member formulas are configured in account dimensions to perform on-the-fly calculations such as gross margin % or labor as a percent of total operating cost. Here are some other key features of dimension member formulas:
- You can use dimension member formulas to calculate account values that are restricted to other dimension member values such as prior year revenue.
- A dimension formula is available any story that uses a model that contains the account dimension with a formula.
- An account dimension formula can be used as-is (from the dimension) or they can be modified in specific models. In this scenario, the model can contain its own version of the dimension formula.
- You can also use dimension member formulas to calculate account values that are restricted to other dimension member values such as prior year revenue.
- Dimension member formulas can be viewed in stories by displayed the formula bar.
Dimension formula example - calculate labor as a % of total cost
Create a dimension member formula:
- Add a formula into the account dimension
- View it in a story