SAP Analytics Cloud analytic models can easily handle most currency scenarios without a separate currency dimension. To accomplish this, you can either use the model settings or story currency conversion measures.
Exchange rates are stored in the SAP Analytics Cloud Currency Translation table. Exchange rates originate from financial institutions and are automatically or manually updated into the table. If a currency conversion is added and there are no exchange rates, the system will direct you to the currency table to add the missing rates.
With currency conversion, there are several terms to be aware of:
- Local Currency (LC)
- The functional or operating currency of a company; for example, a company in the US has a local currency of USD.
- Group Currency
- The corporate level currency; for example, a company in the US that has a German parent has a group currency of EUR.
- Used interchangeably with conversion.
Currency Translation Results in a Story
- The local currency property value for Store02 is EUR.
- The local currency is EUR. This value is stored in the database.
- Group Currency is USD. This value is stored in the database.
- Alternative Currency CAD is calculated but not stored. This is a model currency conversion measure.
- Simulated_CUR is a story calculated measure.