When you create a story, you are prompted to choose Classic Design Experience or Optimized Design Experience mode:
SAP encourages you to use Optimized Design Experience mode. The Optimized Design Experience includes many usability and performance improvements and is the prerequisite for future story enhancements like the integration of analytics design capabilities and digital boardroom features into the story.
The benefits of using the Optimized Design Experience include:
- Ghost loading indicators when the system is doing background work
- Navigation of large hierarchies
- Improved tooltip interactions
- More with each quarterly update
The Classic Design Experience will still be available and provide access to features developed prior to Q2 2022. However, it will not receive any performance, functionality, or usability enhancements. There are also elements that will not be available at all in the Optimized Design Experience because there are more suitable substitutes. These elements include:
- Explorer: Replaced by Data Analyzer as the new exploration tool
- Grid Pages: Replaced by the Optimized Presentation table option within Responsive and Canvas Pages
- Old HANA and BW Versions: Always use the latest BW and HANA version to ensure that you have the latest performance and feature functionality in SAP Analytics Cloud.