Responsive Across Browsers and Devices
UI5 apps run on smartphones, tablets, and desktops. The UI controls automatically adapt themselves to each device's capabilities and make the most of the available real estate.
Powerful Development Concepts
The UI5 core offers a solid foundation that simplifies your work by managing many aspects of modern development behind the scenes. It comes with built-in support for architectural concepts like MVC, two-way data binding, and routing. The UI5 core has the following features and capabilities:
- Includes standards like MVC and various data-binding types
- Binding with OData, JSON, XML and other data formats
- Built-in support tool for exploring the object tree and binding status
Enterprise-Ready Web Toolkit
UI5 comes with all features needed to cover most current application requirements, with standards high enough to be delivered in standard SAP solutions. UI5 has the following features and capabilities:
- Translation and internationalization support
- Extensibility concepts at code and application level
- High contrast theme to aid visually impaired users
Award-Winning SAP Fiori Design in Action
UI5 applications benefit from a consistent design language and predefined UX patterns across all front-end features. Use a predefined theme or try our online theming tool to create a custom theme.
OpenUI5 is an open-source project maintained by SAP SE, providing UI5 under the Apache 2.0 license and open to contributions.
You can access it at: