You login with the role Purchaser in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud for your daily activities and access Manage Purchase Requisitions app. You have a new requirement when managing/updating the previously created Purchase Requisitions:
- A new standard field ‘Desired Supplier’ needs to be added to the standard Purchase Requisition at the item level under the General Information tab.
- The following business conditions are to be added to the purchase requisition when updating:
- The purchase requisition document type is ‘NB’.
- The field Desired Supplier is to be validated against an existing supplier.
- In case user picks any other supplier, a warning message needs to be displayed.
- Users can use this as a desired supplier, or can continue to use another and save purchase requisition.
- Extend the existing Manage Purchase Requisitions app at item level via Key-User Extensibility with an existing standard field ‘Desired Supplier’ available from the backend source.
- Implement existing enhancement spot MM_PUR_S4_PR with an existing BADI definition MM_PUR_S4_PR_MODIFY_ITEM.
- Create a BAdI enhancement implementation.
- Add the new BAdI implementation for the BAdI definition MM_PUR_S4_PR_MODIFY_ITEM.
- Create a new implementing Class.
- Add the logic inside the implementing class.
Extend the standard Manage Purchase Requisitions app at the line-item level. Include a new standard field ‘Desired Supplier’. Add this field in the ‘General Tab’ section at the line-item level.
The scenario we are working on is a change scenario; hence we need to find out a BAdI that can be used at the item level in a purchase requisition.
Create the BAdI Enhancement Implementation.
Test your implemented code by changing an existing purchase requisition via Manage Purchase Requisitions app.