SAP Cloud ALM is comprised of two separate tools: SAP Cloud ALM for Implementation (discussed here), and SAP Cloud ALM for Operations (discussed in the next lesson).
SAP Cloud ALM for Implementation offers support for customers in the implementation of cloud-centric solution landscapes with a preconfigured, out-of-the-box, cloud-native solution. Features, functions and processes are provided for the running of fit-to-standard workshops and management of all implementation, testing and deployment activities. They adhere to SAP Activate methodology, content and tools. Ease of initial onboarding is followed by the availability of preconfigured process with open interfaces that are extendable and adoptable to a customer's individual needs.
After the easy onboarding of your project team, you can start the SAP S/4HANA Cloud implementation immediately.
During the design phase, the primary goals are onboarding and project setup, and fit-to-standard execution.
To execute onboarding and project setup, SAP Cloud ALM for Implementation allows the user to setup users, roles, and teams. In addition, timeboxing (defining tasks with a specific completion date/time) can be utilized. Both SAP Best Practice content, and, also, SAP Activate content can be directly imported in project setup.
For fit-to-standard execution, a process viewer allows easy visualization of the entire process with drilldown capabilities. Custom process modeling is also possible along with requirements collection and process documentation.
During the build phase, the focus shifts to project management and execution to perform configuration activities and to manage extensions.
To execute these activities, SAP Cloud ALM for Implementation supports agile techniques. Users can define phases, sprints and milestones. Also, requirements can be broken down into user stories and tasks. A Gantt viewer is provided to analyze dependencies and an integrated analytics viewer allows up-to-date project information. In addition, the results of an SAP Readiness Check can be uploaded to manage follow-up in a conversion project.
To support testing, SAP ALM Cloud for Implementation provides the following features:
- Management of all tests from user acceptance to integration tests.
- Preparation of test cases for manual testing.
- Integration of automatic test execution engines for SAP S/4HANA test automation tool.
- Test preparation and execution analytics.
- Up-/download of test cases.
- Defect management.
To support deployment, SAP ALM Cloud for Implementation provides the following features:
- A consistent deployment of software to production.
- Integration of ABAP transport management for SAP S/4HANA on-premise and private cloud editions.
- Integration of Cloud TMS for BTP based transports.
- Orchestration of deployments across multiple deployment providers.
- SAP & Customer release management.
- Traceability supporting.
- Process-based focus.
- Requirements-based focus.