Even though SAP S/4HANA Cloud is a cloud service operated and maintained by SAP, you will have to do some operation activities yourself. This applies especially for issues that are not technical problems, but caused by the business. For example, if a financial account is blocked for some reason, posting on this account will fail.
- SAP Cloud ALM can detect such issues.
- Use Business Process Monitoring to find and analyze anomalies during business process execution.
- Use Integration & Exception Monitoring to identify and correct message flows and integration related exceptions.
- Use Real User & Performance Monitoring to diagnose performance of user scenarios.
- Use Job Monitoring to monitor job/task executions health, and to detect anomalies.
- You can analyze issues by conducting root cause analysis on business and IT level.
- To correct the problems, SAP Cloud ALM provides intelligent event processing and embedded alert management to ensure that the right corrective actions are triggered as fast as possible.
- Automation is used to automate regular operation tasks and to automate corrective actions for recurring problems.
Business process monitoring enables the detect-to-correct lifecycle of SAP Cloud solutions along the end-to-end processes of the intelligent suite.
You can perform the following activities:
- Monitor the health of your business processes in real time with the help of predefined business process key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Access information about business documents for each of your processes, for example, for reporting purposes or root cause analyses.
- Define event definitions and process alerts for KPI threshold violations.
Integration and exception monitoring enables you to monitor data exchanged among services (public or private) in both cloud-only scenarios and hybrid scenarios within the selected scope.
It includes the following capabilities:
- Report component-specific, business-impacting exceptions.
- Follow a call or message sequence from a sender to all intended receivers.
- Process alerts and start registered workflow instances.
Real user monitoring permanently measures all real user requests from your managed SAP solutions. The monitored services and systems send monitoring data to SAP Cloud ALM, covering performance as well as utilization aspects. Also, real user monitoring offers drilldown possibilities from the global use of selected request types to single executions and execution details.
Synthetic user monitoring displays performance and availability issues of your applications even before end users are affected by automatically executing your Selenium IDE scripts on a regular schedule.
The following functions are available:
- Upload Selenium IDE files containing groups of test scripts.
- Define runners, which are the components executing the tests of the scenarios.
- Create scenarios and activate it by assigning the scenarios to a runner.
- Display availability and performance of all activated scenarios in the selected time frame.
- Drill down a scenario to display performance and availability values on runner and step level.
Job and automation monitoring helps you to evaluate the status of automated actions and background jobs.
Health monitoring displays the most important health metrics defined by the monitored services and systems.
Use it to check the correct function of a monitored entity. It covers the functional aspects, like availability of components, utilization of resources, or reported errors. This distinguishes health monitoring from real user monitoring, which concentrates mainly on performance monitoring.
In case of an issue, an event is triggered. You can configure automatic event reactions, like alerts, email notifications, or automatic execution of a procedure.
Intelligent event processing enables you to manage event processing rules. You can create new rules, edit existing rules, and deactivate and delete rules when they are not needed anymore.
Business service management enables you to manage business services, assigned services and systems, and related events:
- Manage business services by adding or deleting business services and assigned services and systems.
- See all service-related events and manually create new ones.
- Monitor the service levels of your business services.