We're in the process of developing a cloud application based on a variety of SAP Technologies. These are: database services, user interfaces, including SAP Cloud Application Programming Model (CAP), SAP Fiori, SAP Mobile Development Kit (MDK), and others. As the project becomes more complex, more developers need to collaborate and contribute to the project. Therefore, an efficient way to enable continuous integration and delivery on the project is needed to ensure quality. Smooth development can be achieved with an automated build and testing repository. In this case, the SAP Continuous Integration and Delivery service is used to achieve that.
In this exercise, you perform the following tasks:
- Create a CI/CD job on your project.
- Configure your CI/CD job to build, and deploy your application to a test Cloud Foundry environment.
- Triggering an automated CI/CD build by submitting a change to your remote Git repository.
- You must first subscribe to the SAP Continuous Integration and Delivery service, and assign the required roles and permissions. See Initial Setup
- You have successfully completed the exercises up to Create User Roles.
- You have shared your project to a remote Git repository.
Note that some of the services that this learning journey links to can incur costs.
If you are concerned about charges, you can opt to skip the corresponding exercises and watch the simulation instead.
You can perform this exercise in two ways:
- Live Environment: by using the instructions provided below, you can perform the steps in your SAP BTP account.
- Platform Simulation: follow the step-by-step instructions within the simulation.
The following simulation reproduces the full exercise execution: