We're in the process of developing a cloud application based on a variety of SAP Technologies, from database services, to user interfaces, including SAP Cloud Application Programming Model (CAP), SAP Fiori, SAP Mobile Development (MDK), and others. The more complex the system becomes, the more urgent demand there will be to preview and test it. To conduct an entire deployment might be a choice, but it can be time-consuming and prerequisites-demanding. Therefore, a fast, efficient, and convincing approach is required to carry out previewing.
In this exercise, you will perform the following tasks:
- Get familiar with the central entry and available choices to preview your application.
- Choose to preview with the default configuration to verify the behavior of your app during runtime with sample data for external services.
- Create a new configuration which enables live data for external services, and choose to preview this new configuration to experience the hybrid data sources of your app, without deploying your app onto the cloud.
You have successfully completed the exercise Create a responsive application user interface.
The exercise Add sample data is optional but recommended to be accomplished, since it's a prerequisite if you want to observe the differences between sample data source and real data source.
Note that some of the services that this learning journey links to, can incur costs.
If you are concerned about charges, you can opt to skip the corresponding exercises and watch the simulation instead.
You can perform this exercise in two ways:
- Live Environment – by using the instructions provided below, you can perform the steps in your SAP BTP account.
- Platform Simulation – follow the step-by-step instructions within the simulation.
The following simulation reproduces the full exercise execution: