We're in the process of developing a cloud application based on a variety of SAP Technologies, from database services, to user interfaces, including SAP Cloud Application Programming Model (CAP), SAP Fiori, SAP Mobile Development Kit (MDK), and others. As the project becomes more complex, more developers will need to collaborate and contribute to the project. Therefore, it is necessary to find an efficient way of sharing the project. In this case, you will use a remote Git repository to achieve that.
In this exercise, you will perform the following tasks:
- Enable project sharing on your project by pushing it to a remote Git repository.
- Sharing your project with other users so that they can access your project via URL sharing.
- You have successfully completed at least until exercise: Add sample data.
- You have set up a Git account in your Git provider.
- You have set up an empty remote Git repository.
- You have permission to add new collaborators to your Git repository.
Note that some of the services that this learning journey links to, can incur costs.
If you are concerned about charges, you can opt to skip the corresponding exercises and watch the simulation instead.
You can perform this exercise in two ways:
- Live Environment – by using the instructions provided below, you can perform the steps in your SAP BTP account.
- Platform Simulation – follow the step-by-step instructions within the simulation.
The following simulation reproduces the full exercise execution: