The figure, Configuration Receiver IDoc AAE, illustrates the configuration of the receiver IDoc AAE adapter.
Configuring the IDOC_AAE Adapter for receiving IDocs requires some prerequisites:
You have configured the resource adapter and JCA connection factory in SAP NetWeaver Administrator.
You have configured the sender and receiver systems to process IDocs.
You must ensure that the appropriate software component version of SAP BASIS exists in the ESR and it contains the appropriate adapter metadata of the IDoc adapter (AAE).
Cloning the inbound Resource Adapter (inboundRA)
To clone the default inboundRA, perform the following steps:
- In NetWeaver Administrator Tool navigate to Configuration → Infrastructure → Destinations and create a RFC destination
XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION_<SID>, which connects the AEX with the IDoc Receiver system.
- In NetWeaver Administrator Tool navigate to Configuration → Infrastructure → Application Resources.
- Create a New Resource Adapter using the template SAPJRATemplate and enter a name for the Application ClonedRA. Use, for instance, the naming convention
- Maintain the JNDI name. Use the same name as for the Resource Adapter, for example,
- As DestinationName, enter the RFC destination
- Under Properties, maintain at least the following values:
Field Name Value ProgramID
MaxReaderThreadCount 5 - 10 GatewayServer the gateway server name GatewayService the gateway service DestinationName
local true / false bindingKey PI_AAE_IDOC