You will create a new SAP Cloud Application Programming Model (CAP) project. This project provides the basis for your risk-management extension that comprises:
- A database that stores application data.
- A service that exposes the application data from the database via application programming interfaces (APIs).
- A user interface that consumes the application data from the service and presents it to the end users.
In this part of the course, you create:
- A data model
- A service definition
The data model defines what kind of data your application contains, how it is structured, and how it will be stored in the database.
The service definition defines which part of your data should be exposed as a service via APIs.
In this exercise, you will perform the following tasks:
- Create an SAP CAP project from a template.
- Add a data model to a project.
- Create a service definition.
- Add an OData service definition to a project.
- Add data from a CSV file to the project.
You have successfully created an SAP BTP Trial account and a dev space.
You have added your Dev Space for Business Applications in SAP Business Application Studio.