SAP Fiori is the design language that enables user experiences in enterprise applications. At the time of SAPPHIRE 2013, the first SAP Fiori apps were released for managers and employees with request and approval functions. Since then, the number of apps has grown massively. With the 2016 release of SAP S/4HANA, SAP Fiori 2.0 was introduced. Today, SAP Fiori 3 represents the current target design, which further develops the SAP Fiori design language for all SAP products to fully support the Intelligent Suite.
In a nutshell, SAP Fiori defines a simple and role-based user experience (UX) that simplifies the way people work with SAP products.
The underlying technology, which is required for the design language, is SAPUI5 as UI technology.
- SAP Fiori is designed for your business, your needs, and the way you work. It is based on SAP's insights into the multiple roles of today's workforce. Providing the right information at the right time, SAP Fiori reflects the way people actually work.
- With SAP Fiori, you can work how and where you want, regardless of the device you're using. And it delivers relevant information that provides instant insight.
- No matter whether you're running a sales order, checking your latest KPIs, or managing leave requests, SAP Fiori follows a consistent interaction and visual design language. Across the enterprise, you'll enjoy the same intuitive and consistent experience.
- SAP Fiori enables you to get your work done intuitively and quickly. With SAP Fiori, you can focus on what matters — essential functions are easy to use, and you can personalize the experience to focus on your relevant tasks and activities.
- Beyond enabling you to work smarter, SAP Fiori also enriches your work experience by allowing you to easily get your work done.
Benefits of SAP Fiori
For businesses, the key benefits of using SAP Fiori are as follows:
- Simple and user-friendly operability.
- Increased user satisfaction through modern user interfaces.
- Reduced costs for in-house developments to optimize the user interface.
- Optimized display on the desktop and most popular mobile devices.
- Role-based permissions so that each user only sees the applications relevant to their area of responsibility.
You are now familiar with the key principles and benefits of SAP Fiori. Using SAP Fiori reduces up to 80% of costs in the front end development process and ensures that all products and applications have a simple and consistent end-to-end user experience for their respective business users.