In this lesson, the following topics are discussed:
- What is the ISA-M?
- ISA-M Cycle
- Implemented as Integration Assessment
What is the ISA-M?
It is a template in PowerPoint that is based on all the integration knowledge at SAP. It is aimed at integration architects. With this methodology, existing integration solutions can be documented and described, as well as integration requirements can be determined and mapped to specific services.
- The method helps corporate architects to design their integration strategy:
- A collection of typical integration styles and patterns
- The assignment to integration services (based on the customer context)
- Architectural designs for integration, including decision criteria
- Define roles and your responsibility within integration scenarios
- Other advantages are as follows:
- Openness to SAP and third-party integration technologies
- Use by target groups such as corporate architects and integration architects
- Use as a template for defining custom integration policies
- Reusability within organizations, projects, or services Adaptation to specific needs
The procedure is described with a cycle.
The ISA-M Cycle consists of four steps:
These are as follows:
- Access your Integration Strategy
- Design your Hybrid Integration Platform
- Define Integration Best Practices
- Enable a Practice of Empowerment
Implemented as Integration Assessment
Since 2022 there is a tool, implemented as an Integration Suite capability called Integration Assessment, which helps you to automate the ISA-M approach.
A collection of sources that help you to provide and use the full potential of ISA-M is listed below.
- Integration Solution Advisory Methodology (ISA-M): Define Integration Guidelines for Your Organization
- SAP Integration Solution Advisory Methodology
- Integration Assessment
- New version of the SAP Integration Solution Advisory Methodology Template released
There is an approach that describes all aspects of holistic integration. The SAP Integration Solution Advisory Methodology (ISA-M) provides you with a template that maps the ISA-M cycle step-by-step. In the end, you can identify the required services, tools, roles, use cases and much more that you need to implement your integration projects. There is also support through the integration assessment capability.