You want to understand what use cases SAP API Management is used for and what features it provides.
SAP API Management Advantages
With SAP API Management, you can enable enterprise collaboration and co-innovation. This means that you can publish, promote, and oversee APIs in a secure and scalable environment with the API Management capability. You can also empower developer communities to monetize data and digital assets in new channels, devices, and UIs.
Here are some of the advantages of SAP API Management:
- Common platform to define and publish APIs.
- Related APIs are bundled and offered as a product.
- Comprehensive consumption analytics capabilities.
- Monetization feature for all API providers.
For example, you are able to create your own SAP API Business Hub Enterprise that provides all available APIs in your company centrally on a web page.
Other integration tools, such as SAP Cloud Integration, can now be used from the SAP API Business Hub Enterprise.
The API functions as middleware between a source API and one you want to externalize at a different URL. SAP provides complete control over deployed APIs with SAP API Management. In particular, it offers the following benefits:
- Improved security
- Better access control
- Evaluation of accesses
- Manipulation of payloads
- Visit SAP API Managementon SAP Help portal for a complete overview.
- Refer to the tutorial Get Started with API Management.
- Refer to the tutorial Create an API Provider System.
- Find additional tutorials at the Tutorial Navigator.
- Visit the SAP Community page to read blogs and access additional information on this topic.