Your company wants too become more sustainable by reducing the carbon footprint in production; saving energy, water and other resources. This must be in scope for all holistic reporting.
What is SAP Sustainability Management?
SAPs goal is to support your sustainability needs with new software solutions and by including sustainability management capabilities inside existing products.
In our modern world sustainability is more important than ever before. SAP offers solutions and has a strategy for how our software can help you with your sustainability goals.
Sustainability is not only about carbon neutrality, it is also about the value of our resources and a respectful and ethical cohabitation in our civilization.
You can read an article from Thomas Saueressig which explains SAPs sustainability winning plan here: https://news.sap.com/2021/09/building-solutions-future-arrived/
Climate Action – Chasing Zero Emissions
Climate Action - Chasing Zero Emissions:
If you want to minimize the greenhouse gas (GHG) footprint of your products and operations along your value chain you can use the embedded analytics and transactional capabilities in SAP enterprise applications. There are a lot of capabilities inside SAP products and in addition we offer solutions to support your enterprise on that way. To give you a small extract:
- SAP Product Footprint Management - Evaluate the performance of your products against a wide variety of environmental footprint categories.
- SAP Environment, Health, and Safety Management- Identify, analyze, respond, and recover from environment, health, and safety risks before they impact your employees and customers.
- SAP E-Mobility - Drive sustainable, convenient mobility by enabling scenarios, such as remote charge point operations, e-fleet management, and charge point asset management on one cloud platform.
- TripIt by SAP Concur - See the carbon emissions for your flights. Track your annual flight emissions.
Circular Economy - Chasing Zero Waste
Optimize the value of your business by building long-term resilience with less waste, creating business and economic opportunities, and improving the environment and people's lives society-wide. You can use a bunch of capabilities already included in products or using standalone solutions like:
- SAP Responsible Design and Production - This solution will help businesses keep track of public commitments and new regulations
- SAP Rural Sourcing Management - Empower your agribusiness company to recycle more by connecting smallholder farmers to your agriculture supply chain
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud for product compliance - Safeguard your revenue and brand reputation by innovating and delivering products that give more value than they take
- SAP Intelligent Returns Management - Drive carbon-friendly return options and reduce the amount of waste that ends up in landfill..
Social Responsibility - Chasing Zero Inequality
Integrate ethical and environmentally responsible practices into a competitive and successful model with SAP solutions like:
- SAP Business Integrity Screening - Mitigate fraud risk and safeguard business continuity by identifying anomalous activity quickly
- Qualtrics EmployeeXM - Accelerate the impact of diversity, equity, and inclusion by gaining real-time insights
- SAP SuccessFactors Human Experience Management Suite - Gain insights on compliance and ethics by using aggregated analysis and reporting of HR data
Holistic Steering and Reporting - Build Trust with Transparency
Move beyond financial measures to evaluate the consequences of business actions on society, the environment, and the wider economy - adding a green and social dimension to finance reporting with SAP solutions like:
- SAP Sustainability Control Tower - Extend transparency across financial, operational, compliance, environmental, and social parameters
- SAP Profitability and Performance Management - Steer sustainability performance by creating business models that align profitability with sustainability
To ensure your enterprise acts sustainably you need to build up the foundation of an intelligent enterprise. The underlying components which you should already know from the previous chapters are: SAP S/4HANA Cloud, SAP Business Technology Platform, SAP Analytics Cloud and more.
Learn more about Sustainability Management with SAP: https://www.sap.com/products/sustainability.html
Many businesses must manage the green line (Environmental Responsibility).
With no dedicated sustainability experts, minimal IT resources, and without losing business momentum. This drives the need for a systematic solution.
As a result all business interests like efficiency and growth should be in line and optimal balanced with sustainable interests like environmental responsibility.
Key takeaways of this unit
The basic idea is to add a green line for environmental responsibility next to your bottom line for the operational efficiency and the top line for growth and adaptility. The goal is to keep these three lines in an optimal balance. With sustainability management SAP offers features inside of already existing SAP solutions which can use to track or optimize your sustainability goals. In addition to that SAP offers several standalone solutions for different sustainability based use cases like carbon footprint management or something to manage e-mobility car fleets. SAP is adding capabilities to make holistic sustainable reporting possible.