In this course, we explore SAP Business Technology Platform and its role within the scope of an intelligent, sustainable enterprise. There are two possible business scenarios that can be your starting point for transforming to an intelligent, sustainable enterprise.
- New customer scenario (Scenario A)
- Your company is not an SAP customer. You have heard of the intelligent, sustainable enterprise strategy and SAP S/4HANA Cloud and are interested in implementing it. You plan to take a greenfield approach to implement this.
- Existing customer scenario (Scenario B)
- Your company has been an SAP customer for decades, starting with SAP R/3. At the moment, you use SAP Business Suite. You want to move to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, but you want to do the transformation before your maintenance support for the SAP Business Suite ends. By accelerating your transformation, you will lower your total cost of ownership and get value out of the capabilities of the intelligent, sustainable enterprise before your competitors. You want to implement this strategy with RISE with SAP. You plan to take a brownfield approach in implementing this, and to create extensions and custom development on the SAP Business Technology Platform.
- Greenfield implementation - newly implemented system with nothing transferred from the old system
- Brownfield implementation - newly implemented system with transferred data from the old system
- Bluefield implementation - newly implemented system with selective transferred data from the old system
Please choose the scenario that you can identify more with (A or B). For the concepts of the SAP Business Technology Platform as a technology layer for the intelligent, sustainable enterprise, it doesn't matter whether you are scenario A or B. Furthermore, it's not important which implementation you choose to make the transformation. The concepts and use cases remain the same. The type of implementation you choose will only impact how the implementation starts and how it is completed at the end of the process.
Intelligent, Sustainable Enterprise Overview
SAP can help you build an intelligent, sustainable enterprise by enabling you to:
- Use powerful technologies to create a consistent technology layer for your company using the SAP Business Technology Platform.
- Infuse AI and Machine Learning into your business processes.
- Employ tools to understand what is happening across your business and why.
- Build flexible value chains and apply leading-edge industry practices to understand and manage your environmental impact.
- Implement vertical industry-specific processes in the cloud to run your value chain end to end.
An intelligent, sustainable enterprise connects experiences and operations using experience management (XM) solutions, a business technology platform, and a suite of applications. We believe that best-run businesses are intelligent, sustainable enterprises - breaking down silos and adopting intelligent, dynamic, cross-functional business processes to deliver optimal experiences.
The solutions of an intelligent, sustainable enterprise cover the areas enterprise resource management, spend management, human capital management, customer relationship management, and more. That is based around SAP S/4HANA Cloud and other SAP solutions. These solutions are, for example:
- SAP Ariba*
- SAP SuccessFactors*
- SAP Fieldglass*
- SAP Concur*
- SAP S/4HANA
- SAP Customer Experience*
- And more
- SAP S/4HANA
SAP S/4HANA is the latest collection of business applications from SAP. As this product offers many business processes that are already optimized for use on the innovative database SAP HANA, your enterprise can quickly benefit from the evaluation speed possible with SAP HANA. You can use it on-premise or as a cloud solution.
For more information, see https://www.sap.com/products/enterprise-management-erp.html and https://www.sap.com/products/s4hana-erp.html.
- SAP Ariba
Digitally transform your business to collaborate efficiently and safely with suppliers and trading partners anytime, anywhere on SAP Business Network. SAP Ariba's cloud-based solutions make it easier to collaborate and compete.
Now you can manage the entire purchasing process while controlling spending, finding new sources of savings, and building a healthy supply chain. Build stronger relationships through automation, network connections, and data-driven insights. With SAP Ariba's spend management solutions and SAP Business Network, you can consolidate and control all your spend end-to-end on a single integrated platform in the cloud.
For more information, see https://www.ariba.com/.
- SAP SuccessFactors: HXM Suite
As the next generation of human capital management (HCM), human experience management (HXM) shifts the focus from supporting transactional HR processes to delivering experiences that serve employees first. The SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite is unique in that it builds on the best of HCM while layering in critical employee experience capabilities and insights. SAP SuccessFactors is a cloud-based human resource software, which covers everything from core HR, payroll, and people analytics to the four pillars of talent management: recruiting, learning and development, compensation, and performance management.
For more information, see https://www.sap.com/products/human-resources-hcm.html.
- SAP Fieldglass
SAP Fieldglass is a cloud-based, open, external workforce management and services procurement platform that helps organizations find, engage, and manage all types of flexible resources - from temporary staff to statement of work-based consultants to freelance workers and more.
For more information, see https://www.fieldglass.com/.
- SAP Concur
SAP Concur provides travel and expense management services to businesses. Simplify expense, travel, and invoice management in the cloud, and get greater visibility.
For more information, see https://www.concur.com/.
- SAP Customer Experience
SAP Customer Experience is an integrated offering designed to modernize the sales-only focus of legacy CRM solutions. Following the completed acquisitions of market leaders Hybris, Gigya, and CallidusCloud, SAP now ties together solutions to support all front-office functions, such as consumer data protection, marketing, commerce, sales, and customer service.
For more information, see https://www.sap.com/products/crm.html.
- Experience Management
Operational data (O) - like costs, revenues, and sales - show what is happening in your business. But, you also need experience data (X) to understand the feelings of the people involved and why things are happening. Experience Management solutions combine X-data and O-data. By collecting experience data at every meaningful touch point, you can analyze and understand experience gaps and determine what to do about them.
Experience Management is powered by Qualtrics. For more information about Qualtrics, see https://www.qualtrics.com/.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud, as the central enterprise resource planning solution combined with other solutions from SAP, offers a range of functionalities. In addition, there are the industry cloud solutions from SAP and partners.
Industry cloud solutions from SAP offer a range of industry specialized applications built on SAP BTP for the industry needs. These solutions can be used in combination with all SAP solutions from the solution areas to enable you to drive business transformation profitably and sustainably, seize new opportunities, and manage business disruption and changes within your industry.
Based on this, a company can use innovative new functionalities at their scale, integrated in the SAP portfolio. SAP's industry cloud offers apps in lots of industries, for example, automotive, retail, public sector, and many more.
For more information, see https://www.sap.com/industries/industry-cloud.html.