In this course, we explore SAP Business Technology Platform and its role within the scope of an intelligent, sustainable enterprise. There are two possible business scenarios that can be your starting point for transforming to an intelligent, sustainable enterprise.
- New customer scenario (Scenario A)
- Your company is not a SAP customer. You have heard of the intelligent, sustainable enterprise strategy and SAP S/4HANA Cloud and are interested in implementing it. You plan to take a greenfield approach to implement this.
- Existing customer scenario (Scenario B)
- Your company has been a SAP customer for decades, starting with SAP R/3. At the moment, you use SAP Business Suite. You want to move to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, but you want to do the transformation before your maintenance support for the SAP Business Suite ends. By accelerating your transformation, you will lower your total cost of ownership and get value out of the capabilities of the intelligent, sustainable enterprise before your competitors. You want to implement this strategy with RISE with SAP. You plan to take a brownfield approach in implementing this, and to create extensions and custom development on the SAP Business Technology Platform.
- Greenfield implementation - newly implemented system with nothing transferred from the old system
- Brownfield implementation - newly implemented system with transferred data from the old system
- Bluefield implementation - newly implemented system with selective transferred data from the old system
Please choose the scenario that you can identify with more (A or B). For the concepts of the SAP Business Technology Platform as a technology layer for the intelligent, sustainable enterprise, it doesn't matter whether you are scenario A or B. Furthermore, it's not important which implementation you choose to make the transformation. The concepts and use cases remain the same. The type of implementation you choose will only impact how the implementation starts and how it is completed at the end of the process.