Almost any type of cloud application can be developed and operated on the SAP Business Technology Platform. Beside the use of the powerful SAP HANA in-memory database in the SAP Business Technology Platform, data capabilities can also be implemented using other services such as Object Store, Redis, hyperscaler option or PostgreSQL Service.
- Object Store
- Object Store service on SAP BTP lets you store and manage objects, which involves creation, upload, download, and deletion. This service is specific to the IaaS layer such as Azure Blob Storage, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform.
- PostgreSQL, hyperscaler option (postgresql-db)
- PostgreSQL, hyperscaler option (postgresql-db) provides a managed relational database service, based on native PostgreSQL offerings from hyperscale providers like AWS and Microsoft Azure. Using the PostgreSQL, hyperscaler option service, you can provision and manage PostgreSQL databases on hyperscalers (AWS RDS PostgreSQL or Azure Database for PostgreSQL) from SAP BTP and bind them to your business applications running on the Cloud Foundry environment.
- Redis on SAP BTP, hyperscaler option (redis-cache)
- Redis on SAP BTP, hyperscaler option (redis-cache) provides a managed in-memory data store service, based on native Redis offerings from hyperscale providers like AWS and Microsoft Azure. Using the Redis, hyperscaler option service, you can provision and manage Redis cache instances on hyperscalers (AWS ElastiCache for Redis or Azure Cache for Redis) from SAP BTP and bind them to your business applications running on our Cloud Foundry environment.
Key takeaways of this unit
With data capabilities of the SAP BTP, SAP offers various capabilities to manage data storage, aggregate, consume and analyze data to have resilient and high performance data handling inside of your company. SAP HANA Cloud beside SAP solutions like SAP ASE, or SAP IQ are the building blocks especially for data storage. SAP also offers products for Master Data Management, Information Governance and Data Processing. In addition to SAP BTP supports third party offerings.