In this section, we are going to review the functionality of the SAP IBP toolbar. The SAP IBP toolbar becomes available when the SAP IBP, add-in for Microsoft Excel is installed.
With the SAP IBP, add-in for Microsoft Excel, users benefit from a familiar interface to view information and modify plans directly in Excel.
SAP IBP Toolbar Functionality - Connection
Observe the difference between disconnecting from SAP IBP and logging off.
Activate and deactivate the connection using the toolbar-based Log On and Log Off button.
SAP IBP Toolbar Functionality - Planning View
Favorites and new Planning View reports can be created directly from the toolbar menu.
In the toolbar menu, there are editing and filtering functions for planning views.
You can edit planning views by going to Edit View → Edit Planning View.
Key features of planning view settings are:
- Time settings: Time filtering on different time levels and time period (start and end period).
- Attribute selection: Provide Master Data attributes, for example, Customer, Product Family, and Location ID.
- Key figure tab: Selection of transaction data Key figure in Planning View.
- Layout option: How the data will be viewed in Rows and Columns.
- Filter settings: Select a subset of data (this can be saved for future use and shared with users).
SAP IBP Toolbar Functionality - Data Input
The tasks saving, editing, simulation on the fly, and discarding changes of data inputs are possible using the SAP IBP toolbar functionality as well.
SAP IBP Toolbar Functionality - Dashboard Alerts
Selecting Dashboard Alerts shows a list of valid alerts.
See the following video to learn more about the SAP IBP Toolbar Functionality - Master Data, Scenarios and Versions.
See the following video to learn more about the SAP IBP Toolbar Functionality - Application Jobs, Web Apps in the About Section, Template and Help .