An Opportunity is a sales document that collects the customer (sales prospect), their requested products and services, the total volume of the customer project, the expected sales volume, and an estimated sales probability.
This information becomes more and more concrete throughout the sales process and is updated regularly.
Collection of this data allows for the correct sales team to be formed in order to win the deal. Once the sales team has been formed, a sales methodology, or sales cycle, can be followed. A sales cycle is broken down into phases, each phase with specific tasks and activities that need to be performed in order to further the deal.
Opportunity and Pipeline Management enables you to control your sales process. You can also do this through the mobile app.
- You can connect business opportunities with tools to manage activities, sales teams, competitors, surveys, and relationships.
- You can manage relationships using the buying center to understand influencers of a deal.
- But most importantly, you can enable guided selling. The ability to walk your sales team through the appropriate steps required to create quotations and sales orders. Knowing a set process and tasks needed to complete the process is key for streamlined information gathering and fast turnarounds to evolve the opportunity and continue the sales cycle.
Here are some key features of opportunity management:
- Enhanced workflow rules include actions for updates and conversions of an Opportunity
- Create follow up Opportunity from Sales Quote
- Create new account on the fly
- Create Opportunity in full create mode or quick create mode
- Refresh icon for easy refresh after major updates
- Search & Add feature added for use in the products table
- Create and assign new primary contact directly in Opportunity
- Set custom statuses of the opportunity based on sales quote status via workflow rules
- Easily track opportunity stage and status, built in embedded analytics and reporting tools
- Maintain account info, products, activities, competitors, documents and more from the Opportunity document
- Gain quick access to accurate ERP Pricing, Quotes, Sales Orders and more through native integration
- Close deals faster using efficient sales team collaboration
Since opportunities could last a long time period, understanding the influencers to a customer's decisions is key. Influencer buying centers can be assembled to visually show you who influences decision makers, what their outlook on your brand is, and other factors that could give you a better probability of success.
Let's take a look at a short video demonstrating the key features of SAP Sales Cloud's Opportunity Management and how it helps you see the most important information about your ongoing opportunities.
We converted the lead into an opportunity. So now the sales documents are linked together in a document flow, keeping the history of the business.
This means both sales documents and any activities related to them are kept as a connected data from the business process. This will grow as we introduce quotes and orders.