Order Management is used to capture order information to enable sales reps to deliver compelling offers and provide consistent accurate pricing.
You can perform the following with order management:
- Create sales orders directly in SAP Sales Cloud for replication to SAP S/4HANA
- Sales orders can utilize external pricing from SAP CRM or SAP S/4HANA, for consistent pricing over multiple systems
- Product availability can be checked in SAP S/4HANA and stock quantity values can be returned to SAP Sales Cloud
- Credit checks can be performed by requesting actions from SAP S/4HANA, ensuring creditworthiness of the customer
- The business process document flow updates with not just the SAP Sales Cloud order, but also the SAP S/4HANA sales order.
- Delivery and billing data can be returned to SAP Sales Cloud from SAP S/4HANA and viewed as PDF documents.
We have now created the entire Lead to Quotation process flow - now is the most important document, the Sales Order. Sales Orders are needed for capturing action pricing, payment terms, and delivery dates for the products a customer has been quoted.
The sales order can be replicated to the order fulfillment system and further processing can now occur. Once delivery occurs and the customer's invoice is issued, the Sales Order can be updated with the most current data. This data can be seen and monitored by the sales representatives in case their customers have inquiries about their orders.
You can keep the sales cycle going after the sales quote, by creating a follow up sales order.
The sales order can be a follow up document to an opportunity, sales quote or sales contract.
A Sales Order can also be created by:
- Accessing the account master data and using the sales document facet
- Directly from the sales work center
- Copying an existing sales order