You can schedule a report to run in the background at set times and at regular intervals. When a scheduled report is ready, you receive an email notification. You can view report results by logging in and opening or downloading the report results and viewing them in a spreadsheet application such as Microsoft Excel.
You can instruct SAP Ariba to attach the report to email notification; recipients can then view the report without having to log in.
Use scheduled reporting to:
- Take data snapshots—scheduled reports can be stored, so you can use them to compare periodic snapshots of your data.
- Send reports to recipients—you can share scheduled reports with other stakeholders and project members. The recipients you specify can be other SAP Ariba users or people with external email addresses. You and other recipients can then use the same data snapshot for collaborative projects or tracking purposes.
- You cannot schedule reports that use a custom export template.
- Run immediately or in the future
- Run regularly on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis
- Number of days to retain data
- Select users to notify or enter email addresses of external users
- Attach report to email notification
Administrators can view all scheduled reports within the system.
Scheduled reports which are sent by email use a different template than the Excel Export functionality.