Up to this point, the descriptions in this lesson have shown updating a Quality Notification being done through the user interface. In addition to using the user interface, Quality Notifications can be updated through a Microsoft Excel file that is uploaded into the system. This may be the preferred method to update Quality Notifications for Suppliers who find it easier to update multiple Quality Notifications by editing an Excel file and then doing an upload to update multiple Quality Notification in batch mode.
Select the boxes to show the fields on the system screen.
Update Quality Notifications
We will use the reports generated in the previous section and download them. Then, we'll edit the downloaded files with updates and then upload.
You can use an Excel file, prepopulated with data, to upload changes for multiple quality notifications.
- Go to the downloads page.
- Open the Quality Notification in Excel.
- Enter values as desired. Make sure that required columns have values for each entry. This report supports adding extrinsic elements and values to the following sheets:
- Header Tasks
- Defect Tasks
- Save the file.
- Go to Uploads and choose Upload. The Upload File popup opens.
- From the Type dropdown, select Quality Notification.
- Enter a name for the upload, choose the desired Customer, choose the file to upload, and choose Upload. Choose Refresh Status to update the processing status.