Evaluation of MRP Results Using the Stock/Requirements List
In this lesson, you will learn how to evaluate the MRP results with classic functions and with new SAP Fiori apps. Let’s start with a classic function – the stock/requirements list.
The stock/requirements list is a tool for interactive planning and evaluation. It is a dynamic list that shows the current MRP elements. Changes are visible immediately when the stock/requirements list is executed or refreshed.
Look at the structure of the stock/requirements list in the following image:
The stock/requirements list contains the following elements:
- On the left (optional) is the worklist of the MRP controller in the form of a tree.
- The header with the material number is above the list. More information is displayed above the header details.
- The list itself contains the individual MRP elements and the corresponding available quantities (levels of stock, requirements, and receipts).
- User-specific settings allow you to adapt the lists to suit your requirements.
Evaluation of MRP Results Using SAP Fiori Apps
In SAP S/4HANA, you have further evaluation possibilities using SAP Fiori apps. They offer you, for example, the following functions:
- Display of disruptions in the material flow
- Display the impact of these issues
- Solution proposals for decision support
- The remaining time-to-action
- Role-based KP-driven entries
Because SAP Fiori is browser-based, you can run it on any device. Furthermore, the apps are adoptable and customizable.
Monitor Material Coverage App
The Monitor Material Coverage app offers an interactive list of availability statuses for each material. If a disruption of material flow is detected, you are offered alternative procurement options.
Manage Shortage App
This app shows material availability in more detail and suggests possible solutions. For every possible solution, the system shows a solution tile with 1 or 2 stars in it. The stars indicate the viability of the solution – 2 stars solves the issue and 1 star solves the issue partially. By selecting Preview for a proposed solution, the system provides a simulated view of the solution. When determining possible solutions, the system checks various constraints, like maximum order quantities and inventory in supplying plants.