When you log on to your SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) tenant, you default to the Home screen. The Home screen is where you can access your recent stories and visualizations as tiles. You can also add useful reminders such as personal notes. Your Home screen is private, and you cannot share it with other users or add it to discussions. This privacy also applies to the notes and tiles you pin there.
To start with, you can:
- Explore a sample story
- Change an account
- Create your first story
The Home screen provides you options to perform the above tasks.
The SAP Analytics Cloud Home screen has four tabs.
The Catalog, Favorites, and Shared With Me tabs can be disabled by an administrator or a user granted the necessary permissions.
You can, however, customize your Home screen to your preferences, including choosing which one of the tabs is displayed by default. From the horizontal menu, choose Profile → Home Screen Settings to display the Edit Home Screen dialog.
Edit the Home Screen
You can edit the Home screen by doing the following:
Adding or removing tiles from the Home screen
Featuring files on the Home screen
Changing the Home screen background and logo
User profiles are used in many parts of the platform to identify the logged-on user. When you select a user in any dialog, the picture from the user profile displays in addition to the display name and ID. You can also display the full user profile to get information about the user in the following areas:
- In the Collaboration panel, the name and picture of every participant of a discussion displays. If you hover the cursor over the picture, you can display the full profile and start a one-to-one discussion with that user.
- In the Event area, the picture of the user who is assigned to an event or a task is displayed in the details of the event and task; for example, the profile of the user that needs to review a task displays.
- In the Users area of user management, you can display the full profile by clicking on the user's ID.
If you use SAP Cloud Identity (ID), your profile information will be pulled from your SAP Cloud ID profile. To edit your SAP Cloud ID profile, go to Profile Settings → Edit Profile & Change Password in that system.
You can access your user profile and edit user preferences from the Profile Settings dialog.
To access your user profile and edit user preferences, go to Profile → Profile Settings to display the Profile Settings dialog.
By default, a photo placeholder is displayed. To upload your own picture from your computer, choose Upload Profile Picture or select the placeholder from the Profile Settings dialog.
If you are using authentication via a SAML Identity Provider (IdP) or connecting with the Identity Authentication service (IAS), choose Edit Profile > Change Password in your user profile. The Password section appears as an option in your user profile. Choose Change Password to redirect to the password change page.
To change any of the default settings, select the Edit icon. You can choose a default language for the SAC interface.
The Data Access Language option sets the preferred language for displaying live data and text in stories. If the Data Access Language is set to Default, the value used in the Language setting will be used. The Data Access Language setting is used by default unless an administrator selects a different language when the live data connection is created. When you send a model for translation, the Data Access Language becomes the source language of the model.
Formatting options are as follows:
- Date Formatting: Choose a date format from the list.
- Time Formatting: Choose a time format from the list.
- Number Formatting: Choose a number format from the list.
- Scale Formatting: Choose to format the number scale as short (k, m, bn) or long.
- Currency Position: Choose where to display the currency symbol (or ISO code) and scale formatting.
- Clean Up Notifications: Choose a date after which you want the system to delete notifications. Otherwise, the system keeps the most recent 500 notifications.
- Default Application: Sets the landing page displayed when you access the SAP Analytics Cloud URL.
- Email Notification: Enable this feature to receive information via email about system activities, for example, when a new password is set.
SAP Analytics Cloud Help
SAP Analytics Cloud has a very robust Help feature that gives you access to many online resources. Simply click the Help button in the horizontal menu.
Click Try Me to perform the steps to access the browser requirements from SAP Analytics Cloud Help.
Search to Insight
Search to Insight lets you ask questions in plain language which automatically generates visualizations with your answers using artificial intelligence. You can access Search to Insight from the Home screen in the Ask a question field under the Welcome message:
The key features of Search to Insight are as follows: