In SAP Analytics Cloud, geo maps offer the visualization of data on a world map. You can choose from a variety of geographical mapping options to display your regional data, trends, flow, and so much more.
The figure Geo Map Navigation shows the geo map navigation options.
To use the map, enhance a data model with geo dimensions.
The following geo models are supported:
- Import models using a manual upload.
- Live models using SAP HANA as a datasource.
You can use map layers and various layer types to define geo maps in your stories.
The following layer types are available:
- Bubble Layer
- Shows data as points on the map where you can control the color, opacity, and size of the bubbles.
- Heat Map Layer
- Uses color to visualize the data density of the selected measure.
- Choropleth/Drill Layer
- Applies blocks of shading to different geographical locations.
- Points of Interest Layer
- Points of interest are sets of geographical data that can be added to a geo map and analyzed with reference to business data from a model.
- Feature Layer
- Uses external data from valid service URLs. This data is layered on top of your existing geo map to provide additional context.
- Flow Layer
- Shows the connection between two locations, such as shipping routes or flight paths.