Creating a Schedule
Watch this video to learn how to schedule and distribute a story.
Make sure that the following prerequisites are met before you start creating a schedule:
- You have the necessary permission.
- Under System Configuration, you have enabled the following options as needed:
- Allow Schedule Publication for non-SAC Users: allows you to turn on scheduling for non-SAP Analytics Cloud users.
- Allow Schedule Publication: allows you to turn on scheduling.
- On the Files page (from the Navigation Bar, choose Files), select the story that you want to schedule. From the toolbar, select Schedule Publication from (Share).
- On the story Canvas page, from the toolbar, choose File → Schedule Publication.
The Schedule Publication dialog box appears.
By default, the name of the story is populated as the name of the schedule. You can edit the name as per your preference.
- In the Start field, choose ? to specify the start date and the time you want the schedule to run.
- Choose OK. Note
You can also directly enter the date and time in the Start field and provide a future date in a valid format.
- To add a recurrence, choose Add Recurrence.
The Recurrence Settings dialog appears.
You can set the recurrence pattern on an hourly, daily, or weekly basis.
For weekly recurrence, select the day(s) of the week you want to schedule the story and set the start date.
- To end the recurrence, select the relevant option from the End Recurrence by drop-down menu.
You can end the recurrence based on the end date or the number of repetitions. You can also choose the No End option to set the schedule to run for 365 days, after which it ends and a new schedule needs to be created.
- Choose OK.
- Choose a file type.
- Enter the subject (mandatory) of the email in the Subject field.
- In the Message field, enter an optional message.
- If you want to include a link to the story in the email, choose Include Story Link.
- You can customize the stories you want to schedule. Choose the recipients, and choose between different story views from either the global bookmarks or your personal bookmarks in the Distribution menu.
NoteBy default, the prompt values that were defined while creating the story will be considered if you do not edit them while scheduling.
- To add the name of the users and teams within SAP Analytics Cloud, either enter the names or choose the Add Users or Teams icon in the input field.
- Enter the email address(es) of the non-SAP Analytics Cloud recipient(s) separated by a comma.NoteYou are limited to 3 non-SAC recipients.
- Choose a story view from the Story View field.
- To edit the prompt values, choose Edit Prompts. The Set Variables dialog box appears.
- Set the values of the variables and choose Set.
- Optionally, edit the name of the file in the File Name field.
- To edit the file settings, choose File Settings.
- To add another view, choose Add Another View.
- Choose Create.
Due to the limit of scheduled publications per hour, which is based on your license, you might notice unavailable slots for your current schedule. In such a scenario, a warning message is displayed with the unavailable slots.
The maximum size limit of the email message is 12 MB.