The SAC Home screen has four tabs.
The Catalog, Favorites, and Shared With Me tabs can be disabled by an admin user or a user granted the required permissions.
You can choose which one of the tabs is displayed by default as follows:
- From the Navigation Bar, choose Profile → Home Screen Settings to display the Edit Home Screen dialog.
- In the Default Tab list, select the tab that you wish to display.
The Home screen is personalized for each user.
Users must have the corresponding license and rights assigned to them within the system to access specific tasks. All users and their personal information are pre-configured by the system owner or the administrators of your Platform-as-a-Service (Paas).
In addition, the Home screen can be customized for each user.
Your Home screen is private, and you cannot share it with other users or add it to discussions. This privacy also applies to the notes and tiles you pin there.
By default, the Home screen is where you can access your recent stories and visualizations as tiles. You can also add useful reminders such as personal notes.
To start with you can:
- Explore a sample story
- Create an account
- Create your first story
- Learn more in the help center
The Home screen provides you options to perform the above tasks.
You can also display tiles for Featured Files and Recent Files. The Recent Files tile lists the most recent files that you have viewed. You can use the tile filter to view specific file types (including stories, presentations, and analytic applications).
Edit the Home Screen
You can edit the Home screen by doing the following:
Adding or removing tiles from the Home screen
Featuring files on the Home screen
Changing the Home screen background and logo
You can access your user profile and edit user preferences from the Profile Settings dialog.
Go to Profile → Profile Settings to display the Profile Screen dialog.
User profiles are used in many parts of the application to identify the logged-on user. When you select a user in any dialog, the picture from the user profile displays in addition to the display name and ID. You can also display the full user profile to get information about the user in the following areas:
- In the Collaboration panel, the name and picture of every participant of a discussion displays. If you hover the cursor over the picture, you can display the full profile and start a one-to-one discussion with that user.
- In the Event area, the picture of the user who is assigned to an event or a task is displayed in the details of the event and task, for example, the profile of the user that needs to review a task displays.
- In the Users area of user management, you can display the full profile by clicking on the user's ID.
Choose your profile photo and open the Profile Settings dialog to view and edit details.
If you use SAP Cloud Identity (ID), your profile information will be pulled from your SAP Cloud ID profile. To edit your SAP Cloud ID profile, go to Profile Settings → Edit Profile & Change Password.
By default, a photo placeholder is displayed. To upload your own picture from your computer, choose Upload Profile Picture or select the placeholder from the Profile Settings dialog.
If you are using authentication via an SAML Identity Provider (IdP), or connecting with the Identity Authentication service (IAS), choose Edit Profile > Change Password in your user profile. The Password section appears as an option in your user profile. Choose Change Password to redirect you to the password change page.
Choose a default language for displaying stories created from live data connections.
If the Data Access Language is set to Default, the value used in the Language setting will be used when displaying stories created from live data connections.
The Data Access Language setting is used by default unless an administrator selects a different language when the live data connection is created
When you send a model for translation, the Data Access Language becomes the source language of the model.
Formatting options are as follows:
- Date Formatting: Choose a date format from the list.
- Time Formatting: Choose a time format from the list.
- Number Formatting: Choose a number format from the list.
- Scale Formatting: Choose to format the number scale as short (k, m, bn) or long.
- Currency Position: Choose where to display the currency symbol (or ISO code) and scale formatting.
- Clean Up Notifications: Choose a date after which you want the system to delete notifications. Otherwise, the system keeps the most recent 500 notifications.
- Default Application: Sets the landing page displayed when you access the SAP Analytics Cloud URL.NoteThis setting will appear only when the user has an SAP Analytics Hub license. However, Analytics Hub is being discontinued, so this setting will eventually be unavailable.
- Email Notification: Enable this feature to receive information via email about system activities, for example when a new password is set.
Watch this video to learn about the basics of SAP Analytics Cloud interface. The video shows the basic system functions that can be accessed from the Home screen.
The File ribbon provides multiple file options in the My Files page.
Some options may not be available unless you select the object.
SAP Analytics Cloud Catalog
Introducing an SAP Analytics Cloud Story
When the different reporting tools are launched, they automatically open reports in view mode. Within this mode you can still access the additional functions or interactive elements of the report.
SAP Analytics Cloud Help
SAP Analytics Cloud has a very robust Help feature that gives you access to many on-line resources.
Click Try Me to perform the steps to access the browser requirements from SAP Analytics Cloud Help.